please allow me to introduce you to my purple wheel. everything is two coats unless otherwise notied.
1. Sally Hansen Xtreme "Concrete" (2 coats) + Sally Hansen Xtreme "Mystic Lilac" (1 coat)
2. Pure Ice "Purple Reign"
3. Nubar "Iced Licorice" (3 coats)
4. Zoya "Adina"
5. Zoya "Zara"
6. Orly "Fantasea"
7. China Glaze "Joy"
8. Revlon Top Speed "Violet"
9. OPI "Movin' Out" (4 coats)
10. OPI "Merryberry Mauve" (3 coats)
11. OPI "Queen of West Web-erly"
12. OPI "Diva of Geneva"
13. "Orly "Galaxy Girl" (3 coats)
14. Sally Hansen Salon "American Beauty"
i have 14 polishes that i consider part of the purple family, as you can see. i have this "problem" of repeatedly buying the same sort of colour: a purple with gold iridescence. in general i hate gold. gold anything. i don't own any gold polish. but i own a lot of polishes that SHINE GOLD. it's silly. anyway, i do love my purple polishes and the many versions of purple-gold polishes i have. they're flattering on me, what can i say?
i noticed the other day that one of the four shelves i keep my polish on is entirely devoted to purple. then today, a woman remarked that she liked my polish and my bag, and she asked if it's my favourite colour. in fact, purple is nowhere near my favourite colour. my favourite colour is grey, then pink, then green, then maybe purple. yet nearly 25% of my collection is purple. i find it amusing.